Unit 4 Reflection

1. What do you feel like you learned this unit that you didn’t know before?

From Unit 4, I learned more about ethnographies and how they are composed. Prior to this unit, I had minimum knowledge of what it really was and what they are used for.

2. What did you already know , but now understand better or learned more about?

I had a better understanding of how ethnographies were conducted and the variety of studies that can be done.

3. What (if anything) do you feel like I wanted you to learn, but you still aren’t sure about?

I wanted to learn about how ethnographies are used and if any work is done based on the studies conducted.

4. What are the strengths of your final project article? What are you most proud of?

Some strengths from my final project article are the essential focus on how society behaved during the pandemic and if there are any shifts in regards to the spike of cases rising in NYC.

5. If you were to revise your final project article, what would you want to do differently?

If I were to revise my final project, I would probably change the area I conducted my study. I felt like if I were to do my study in more populated areas such as Times Square that I could observe more and potentially have more notes in the field note section.

6. How would you describe or rate your participation/engagement in this unit?

My participation would be rated as an 8 in this unit.

7. What did you do this unit that helped make you successful?

The ethnography examples provided helped me in completing the project.

8. What skills or habits do you want to bring with you to next semester, and what habits do you want to leave behind?

I plan to use the skill of writing analysis based on my studies for ethnographies or science articles.

9. What was your favorite unit this semester and why?

My favorite unit this semester had to be the second unit of Humanities Criticism because it made me view films, shows, and books in a different approach. It made me view more on the structure and analysis of the film instead of the film itself.

10. Do you have any suggestions for what I should change when I revise this class for next semester?

I feel like it’s fine with the current way the class is assembled. It’s organized and there are many examples provided with each lecture that is helpful especially during the current situation of online classes.